Sunday 5 February 2012

Hydrangeas and regrets..............

I am really regretting that I didnt dry any hydrangea heads last year. I have hydrangeas in the garden but they havnt really taken off the way I had hoped, maybe I planted them in the wrong place, too shady.
The year before last, I was on a training course with the Coastguard in November and there were several huge hydrangea bushes on campus with the most beautiful blooms I had ever seen. On our last day, I took a knife, which was all I could find from the kitchen and cut a bag full of them to take home and dry in my carry-on luggage. I forgot the knife was still in my handbag......until I went through security at the airport!!!!

They brightened the house so much and lasted forever.........well not quite forever, until the spring. At this time of year when everything is so grey, I would have loved to have them around again.

I will have to make do with some very pretty pictures instead...............


bellasrosecottage.blogspot.com



http://pa.locallygrown.net

I love these wreaths........

http://www.amesbury.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

http://www.amesbury.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

I hope you remembered to dry some of your hydrangeas...... Hayley xx

8 comments:

  1. I did... Dark plummy tinges on soft green in a zinc bucket just like yours.
    Have a good week,
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have dried hydrangeas around my house - mine are Annabelles that dry as a golden brown. I love the colors of the hydrangeas in your photos.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hydrangeas are my favorite flower! I wish we could grow them in South Florida. I love your blog. So pretty! XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that heart hydrangea!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very beautiful Haley! I love Hydrangeas too, especially the mop heads. Cute name huh? Give your doggies and fur animals kisses from me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have much luck with flowers-pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Haley, and spent here ....
    what a beautiful blog, and it must be beautiful
    Scotland, I'd come to us on the fly!
    Congratulations also for your dogs,
    are really beautiful.
    a hug
    Susy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, these are pretty! I really love that big, fat wreath. Hydrangeas are one of my favorites too...I didn't dry any last year though, maybe I'll remember this fall. I love all the cute little animal faces on your sidebar :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments.........its nice to know that someone reads the blog xx